Friday, February 26, 2010

The Friday Randoms

I don't have any huge points or arguments to make for this post, but several little tidbits sauteing around in my head. . .

I'm really picky about what music I listen to. If I had to make a pie chart of what I listen to, the stats would look something like this. 75% Classic Rock (I include the Black Crowes in this because they have that wonderful classic rock feel.), 20% Musical Theatre, 4% REM, 1% "other". In my opinion NO good music has come out in the past 10-15 years, except from the bands I mentioned above. Other than todays pop, my least favorite genre is the "sad bastard in front of a piano/guitar* type. The John Mayer and Ben Folds type artists (and I use the term artist very loosely). They make me so sad. Their lyrics don't make me sad, the fact that they think they're cool makes me sad. What has happened to the males in the music industry? Have they all sprouted vaginas? It makes me sad. Give me a long haired gritty hippie any day.

So, all of that ranting brings me to my list of favorite songs for right now. They change with my mood.

12. Waltz for Eva and Che - from the musical "Evita"
11. Small Time Blues - Pete Droge
10. Soul Singing - Black Crowes
9. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
8. Nightswimming - REM
7. Find the River - REM
6. Remedy - Black Crowes
5. Tom Sawyer - Rush
4. Reelin' in the Years - Steely Dan
3. What Is and What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin
2. Wiser Time - Black Crowes
1. In My Life - The Beatles

That's pretty much in order. Wow, how many times did the Crowes make it, three times? I love them. Gorgeous men, gorgeous music. . .who could ask for anything more?

So, as far as I know I'll be heading to Tucson to see CJ in May. I really need to get going on the whole weight loss thing. I'm devising a plan in my head using equipment I already have laying around the house. I need to eat better too. Foods that are bad are so much more convenient, and when you have no energy like me, it's hard to pass that up.

So yeah, that's what I've been thinking about. <3

2 comments:

  1. "Nightswimming" and "In My Life" are two of my all time favorite songs. Just another reason you are awesome, my friend. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I lurve you, you are much awesome-er ;)

    ReplyDelete