Saturday, January 16, 2010

Going to the Chapel?

So tonight is one of those nights, where you click on one link that you can't even remember where you found it in the first place, and it takes you to a million different places (much like wikipedia or imdb). This time my final destination was a little jewel called Tacky Weddings . You all have to check this out. There are goth weddings, sci-fi weddings, weddings at fast food restaurants, biker weddings, and other displays of tackiness and redneckery that will blow your mind. Seriously.

As much as it made me giggle; at the back of my mind I felt a little bitter. Why do these psychos get to put on these kinds of spectacles, when all I want is a small, classic, hopefully elegant, intimate with family and closest friends, ceremony and a small fun reception afterwards with good food and mingling with combined loved ones...yet I'm still missing a groom.

Oh well, to each their own. Everyone has the right to exchange vows in whatever form they desire. I do have to post a few highlights of this site though.








Please note the bridesmaid in the Pantera tee.








This is just a sampling of the hilarity. My favorite is on page three, I believe. It's a compilation from youtube of men making their proposals a grandiose event, only to get a fat sack of "no" from their girls. Fail.

Again, all pics are from Tacky Weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment