Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fat-B-Gone

Today I did something that I’ve wanted to do for probably five years now. I ordered NutriSystem.

I guess I need to provide you all a history of my fat. A fatstory if you will.

When I was age 0-7, I was skinny. Not just a thin little kid, I mean you could count my ribs. People thought there was something wrong with me. Then, when I was about seven or eight, I started getting fat, and the rest is fatstory. Who knows why? Maybe it was an emotional thing. I’ve caught hell for it ever since, even by my own family.

I’ve also yo-yoed a lot. I’ve probably lost and gained about a bazillion pounds.

The problem isn’t how much I eat. I don’t really eat that much. It’s more what I eat, because I’m lazy I reach for easy stuff which isn’t the healthiest. So with NutriSystem I get the best of both worlds. Healthy foods that are supposedly pretty tasty, from the reviews I read on qvc.com.

So. . . about goals, I dunno. I don’t want to set a big number by a certain date and then be disappointed or overwhelmed. I’m figuring the Nutrisystem stuff is going to be here by Monday-ish. Six weeks from then will be April 12th. I think by April 12th I want to lose the first ten pounds of what I hope will ultimately be 35 pounds. I think I’m going to take it 10 pounds at a time though.

So yeah, NutriSystem. I’ll keep everyone posted

7 comments:

  1. I have always lost the weight best by not keeping up with it. The stress of keeping up with numbers and pounds just makes it harder to lose. Just try to come up with easy ways for you to exercise. I know with chronic pain it is difficult to exercise everyday. I would think swimming would be your best bet. I know of a ladies indoor water aerobics class, if you are interested. I can get you the info. You will have to let me know how nutrisystem tastes, I have thought about trying it before. Also, since I will be moving home in a couple of months, we should work out an exercise partnership. I need a buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought you were thin, but you know what you're comfortable with, and I believe in you!

    I'm working on eating better, and getting healthier, too. Eating three meals a day is difficult for me, but I'm working on it. My doctor says my body has been in starvation mode cause I don't feeding it enough. Chubby and starving. Only me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney- I'd like that. Have you been on the walking trail at the pool?

    heather, I think thats some of my problem. . .I dont eat a lot, but what I do eat is crap, so I dont lose, and most of the time gain. Oy Vey, let me know how youre doing with your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I'm the same way - I eat what's convenient, so I've been trying to keep healthier stuff in the house. It works until I receive 4 boxes of girl scout cookies . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ames, I hope you have wonderful success! We are trying to eat healthier also. Low sodium, less red meat, more fruits and veggies. Stuff we know. But you are so right, the healthy stuff takes a while to prepare, plus it is expensive! And I do love a big bag of chips and a snickers! I have a couple of things I'll email you to help you do some journaling of what you eat. It helps me alot. Here's to the fatstory being history! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Deb. . .I'd love that! We need to get together again soon! - Ames

    ReplyDelete
  7. P to the S- Blog Awardness for yoooooooou over at my place. ^_^

    ReplyDelete